Enchant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Builds

4 posters

Go down

Blade Builds Empty Blade Builds

Post  Exie Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Guide Step 1: Builds.

Strength Builds: (1v1) (at level 60)

1a) Sword User:
Str: 53
Sta: 40
Dex: 70
Commentary: This build takes advantage of the 2nd aspd break point at 67, then pushes a bit further for a 1% higher critical rate. Personally, I believe that 3 points into a stat cannot make any significant changes, so if you wish, you can place those points elsewhere. Perhaps sta if you wish to aoe cranes a bit at 65, perhaps into str if you want a tad bit more damage. This is what I mean by you may want to customize your own build. An advantage of this build is that, if you equip 2 guardian swords + get max cannonball'ed, you can push to the 3rd aspd breakpoint. This build progresses by adding further str.

1b) Sword User:
Str: 83
Dex: 40
Commentary: This build is quite a challenge if you wish to use it early on. But your own damage output is something that you WILL be proud of, trust me on this :]. Anyway, this is a rather assist/RM dependent build, if you wish to use this, be warned. Furthermore, this build requires a +8 set asap, so be warned, don't come bitching later on because you can't utilize this build well enough. High str builds all involve quite a pretty penny. If you can't afford it, I wouldn't recommend it. However, imo, finding RMs for blades with this build isn't too hard. What's so special about this build is that, it utilizes the 38 dex first blade aspd break point.

1c) Axe User:
Str: 70
Dex: 53
Commentary: This is a rather common str-axe build after my original build information was distributed out lol. Anyway, the advantage of this build is that, you hit the first axe aspd breakpoint, have enough sta to survive well + later on, still CW well with just a +8 set as long as you're over 85 (no eel needed). The higher the str the more benefit from the axes. So overall, it's a good deal. Only downfall is, it's a str build, meaning, you WILL need a RM + a good set. What hurts even more about this build is that, you don't have the accuracy from blazing sword, so for many people, that means missing a lot more. I suggest you only do this build if you know that you'll be having a RM with you full time + a well upgraded set. For progression in this build, just increase the str. Sta too if you feel the need to.

1d) Axe User:
Str: 59
Sta: 30
Dex: 74
Commentary: This build is more versatile than the first axe build. You can hit the 2nd sword apsd breakpoint with this build. Furthermore, with a maxed out cannonball, you can hit the 2nd axe apsd breakpoint. Versatility is definitely useful, and it gives you more options when stuck in a jam. This build relies less on a RM in my opinion, because your accuracy should be fine with a well-upgraded set. However, still, the maximum potential of this build can only be achieved with the help of a RM who has a mastered cannonball. Progression in this build would mean adding more str + sta if needed to.

Dexterity Builds: (1v1) (at level 60)

2a) Sword User:
Str: 33
Sta: 30
Dex: 100
Commentary: This is more of a classic generic style blade build. Overtime, however, people realized how this build might not be as efficient as strength builds later on when the player is high-leveled. Anyway, the advantages of this build are:
1. High block (blades have double u006, highest natural block rate characters ingame)
2. Breaks 3rd sword apsd breakpoint
3. Accuracy is relatively high as opposed to strength blade builds
However, with pros come cons. This build means you shall & will be utterly obliterated in the PvP arena at this level. Your damage output to a knight will be pathetic. Your hp is quite low to endure much. I personally don't favor this build too much until later on; and by later on, I mean 105+. Because that's when you have enough points to balance out your sta & str to create a successful PvP build. Progression in this build means adding more dex & str / sta when needed to. Keep on going for the aspd breakpoints.

2b) Axe User:
Str: 42
Sta: 25
Dex: 94
Commentary: Hmm.. This build allows you to hit the 2nd axe aspd breakpoint; along with when armed with the guardian axes, you should survive just fine. As for gianting wise, it may not be the best; I definitely wouldn't recommend you tanking giants at least. The str in this build utilizes the axe-damage formula a tad bit, however, not by much. If you decide to go with this build, Good luck. However, I do recommend innovation; customize this build, my example is your layout.

AoE Builds: (at level 70)

For aoe builds, I highly recommend the usage of axes, not swords; due to the following reasons:
1. Level 75 axes are the ideal axes for aoe'ing.
2. Smite axe offers +25 def at level 20.
3. Axe's formula offers better damage than sword's formula, even if it's a tad bit.
4. Skill cast speed is the same for both axes & swords.
5. The only advantage that a sword has over an axe, is that you'll be able to aoe five levels earlier. HOWEVER, you also sacrifice 30 skill points while at it. Not a worthy trade off in my opinion.

3a) Axe User:
Str: 15
Sta: 84
Dex: 84
Commentary: The 1:1 build. This is an easy to distribute build. It allows easy survival + decent accuracy pre-aoe. Then after receiving AoE, you'll be able to evade well + have enough hp to cushion hard rage criticals. This can be a crazy PvP build after 105 for sure. You'd have enough Sta & Dex to cushion most melee attackers.

3b) Axe User:
Sta: 60
Dex: 108
Commentary: In this build, you're capping your sta at 60. This sounds risky, but don't worry, after 75 you'll be doing just fine. You don't need high sta to aoe big mobs, especially with your insanely high block rate & evasion rate. This build can eventually tank like god later on after getting to 105 and using the v7 105 set +10.

3c) Axe User:
Dex: 128
Commentary: This build takes advantage of a blade's high block rate. This build has the greatest AoE'ing damage potential out of all. It also has enough of a tanking capability to allow medium sized tanking mobs (meaning with a +10 v7 105 set, probably around 20 monsters at max). It kills significantly faster than both of the previous builds but I don't believe it's smart to start off with this build. It's best to restate into it, like high str builds.
Exie
Exie
Admin

Post Points : 352

https://notenchant.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Blade Builds Empty Re: Blade Builds

Post  Exie Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Nice typical builds for people just starting out, but i have one more to add, more of a special cases build than anything.

Make this blade female. Always:

For people who have access to max cannon accuracy and heap buffs (i.e. your first char was rm or bp that got those maxed, or you have a kind friend who will support you all the time)

35sta rest str.
Use CW axes or swords.
add 10 dex if you feel like it i guess. I wouldn't though.

IMO: axe first hand, sword 2nd hand. If you find the hit rate is not good enough because you have for example moved to the mines, then switch to sword first hand axe 2nd hand so that you get that 10% hit rate from sword buffs. (of course your atk will go down till you switch back)

Ideally just borrow a couple of arek5 or 6's for the few levels where you just move to something and you miss a bit more than normal. It would loose you less damage than putting that damn sword in your first hand :X

Try get your own set of areks later, (even if it's just arek+4s, 5dex) since they are also very useful to switch to for giants which naturally have more evasion than normal mobs.

With max buffs and +3 lvl60 set, and axe first hand, sword 2nd hand you should hit 100% aspd off just haste + cannon. Also with the 20% hit rate per cw weap and the bit of dex, the accuracy and the 5% off set +3 you shouldn't be missing much. If you miss much don't kill so high. The lower your level the worse it is to kill significantly higher monsters (from a hit% perspective)

This build should last you till your dest set. Just keep using those cw weapons till Angel Axes.

That 40% hit rate saves you about 60-70 dex stats if you stay in +3. Say we are +3 weaps +8% suit... thats about 377-440 atk far more attack than you would gain by moving to historics.

This build is imo ftw for poor blades.

When you hit the point you can get your dest you have many options:

1. Get +8 (DEST ONLY) and CW gloves
You should have max hit% without any dex added on most mobs.

2. Get +6 (DEST ONLY) and CW gloves

poor option: You go angel swords (it's cheaper and it ain't bad and you have the hp for giants which you WILL be doing to afford LGA's and +8 set) add 10-15 dex or so in the 5 lvls before hand. Should be near max hit%. because of the sword 10% accuracy buff.

option1. You have reasonable hit%, keeping on using a CW axe in the off hand would leave your hit% max.
option2. You plan ahead and add about 20 dex in the 10 levels before you can use the dayst. Two A.Axe will max your hit% since you have another 14dex from them.

There is no real way to make do without a dest+6 without adding significant dex... unless you wear the cw boots as well (but then why the hell did you get any dayst at all?)

HOWEVER having a pair of cw boots spare for the poor option build is GREAT since it lets you take down giants that are your level without any support (just you wont get those crit%).

By the time you can afford LGAs you should have farmed up a crap load and obtained a dest+8 with cw gloves +8.

If you want the easy way out and not farming for LGA's etc then just sell all your shit, buy a +3 Blain, Buy an ok Historic Axe or Angel Sword for your first hand. Use some high dex awaken or 2nd hand or another historic or angel. Restat to almost pure dex no more than about 50-60sta. You will rely on an rm but you can tank a lot more than you might expect.

Don't forget you must be female blade because of CW set bonuses >_<

Boots will also do if you cannot get gloves, but boots have 5% less hit. Try your best to get gloves.

Common errors especially in azria include blades fighting stuff thats way above them for no good reason (i'm talkin about 1on1 blades AoEs should go as high as they can so long as they keep taking the whole spawn )

Before blades fought stuff +7-+9 levels because the spawns were CRAP you either ran loads more or fought higher stuff.

Now the spawns are leet. I wont move off any of the good spawns till i am at least the spawns level (unless i have elemental reasons to do so earlier.) (Again im talkin 1on1 here :3)

Time things. Time your exp in identical situations in various spawns, in the end this is the only real way of knowing where it is best to grind. Time 10min grinds in each area several times. Compare the exp recieved. Make sure conditions are identicall (i.e. full party, same buffs, link on both or link on neither) Ideally have the conditions under which you typically grind, since they would be most relevant.

I have sometimes said max, where i mean near max to a tolerable level, the exact figured depend on what you fight.
Exie
Exie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blade Builds Empty Blade build

Post  Clipse Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:24 pm

acidently made new topic saying this :> but yuh full str ftw for 1on1 >;3

Clipse

Post Points : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Exie Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:51 pm

full str is pretty hard.

You have to be a female blade, to be sure. you need the CW Gaunts for hit rate. And you need at least a +8 set for hit rate once you hit 90... 'cause not having Taytras to fight with (swap to A axes for Crit %) will make you miss all over the place.
Exie
Exie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blade Builds Empty reply

Post  Clipse Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 pm

lies xD full str u will just need armor +5 for the hit rate n as u said some crit awakened weps but not a big deal the damage will make up for ur critt n stiiiiilllllll if u went with some dex build u will only be getting like 3-6% extra critt u can get that with a awakened wep so yuh :3

Clipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Exie Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Crit isn't the issue with full str... if you're rich, you can get good crit % weapons (hell, 5/5 on each LG is 10%).

The issue is, pre-LGAs your hit rate will be fail. You need lots of dex or a hit +'d set to get that hit rate.
Exie
Exie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clipse Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:06 pm

not realy o.o use a char sim man getting ur weps peirced even just 2/2 dex on both weps u will get atleast 90% if not the max of 96% if u got like +5 armor o.o n +5 isnt rly thwt much money

Clipse

Back to top Go down

Post  aria Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 am

You totally copy-pasta'd that from eph_'s Blade guide <_<

About full Str, my own take on it:
Alternative Builds
Str: xxx
Sta: 15
Dex: 18

The classic full Str build (the 18 Dex is for 1% extra Crit rate using a +8 set). If raw damage is your thing, go for it. However, plan on spending a lot of cash on this build, straight from the beginning. Levels 15-60, you should use a shield with at least Dex+16. Once again, this will allow you to reach the first Sword Speed Break with beginner buffs, and your hit rate with thank you. I'd also recommend making this a Female character. The Hit+20% from CW Boots (Shaentra) will help you a lot at 90+.

If you really want to get the most out of this build right away, the optimal armor choice at level 65 is not Rescorn, but rather full Shaentra (female only) with a reduced H Axe main-hand, and either a G Axe or a high Str awakened NPC Axe (actually the better of the two options) off-hand. The Shaentra set doesn't need to upgraded at all either, although you can get +3 or +4 if you like the glow (and obviously pierce with Attack+8%-12%). With this setup, you should have sub-4 second kills at Yettis already at 65 (or sub-3s at Greemongs), with max Crits extending into the 8k-9k region. You can continue with this straight through to 90 (optionally switching out your off-hand at level 75 for a second H Axe, or reducing an A Axe at 80, etc.). Levels 45-65 a Stitch set would be best for the attack speed bonus.
aria
aria

Post Points : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Exie Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

copy pasta'd it from my old guild, actually. Who apparently pasta'd it D:

I've been using an attack speed/str shield up to 60, and a +3 Wooden Sword into the level 50ish range. It's pierced 2/2 for Str, and awakened for +28 dex. If anyone wants access to those, they can use them when making a new blade.
Exie
Exie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:05 pm

/Just dislikes how it says +8 sets all over where it isn't needed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gon4 Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am

My Axe blade (who sorta fails ._.)=STR Sword build 1.a. ._.
Gon4
Gon4

Post Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum